Tuesday, January 26, 2010

People are weird.

People have all kinds of crazy things that they adore from soda pop to brands of shoes. So it is with no shame at all, that I confess here that I am absolutely crazy about tableware. Yes, it's true- I love plates. So what? I also love bowls and glasses but tea cups and soup tureens make me swoon. Not just any old plates mind you - there are rules to the attraction and they are these: tableware must be simple, classic and CREAM. Sure, the dishes from my wedding were cream with bands of color around the edges but I was young, so young and now I know -- cream, only cream. These are the beauties that we eat off of almost every day. (the other days we are eating off of chinet!)



We even have the coffee pot-- but at our house it is the hot chocolate pot.
And this is what currently sends my heart pitter pattering. Allow me to introduce you to Wedgewood's Queen's plain.


Hello Lovely! Isn't she beautiful!! I know it's crazy, I know it's weird, but what can you do? People are weird.




1 comment:

Book Look Column Author said...

welcome back - I also have a weird love of dishes so you don't have to explain it to me! You get it or you don't.