Thursday, October 9, 2008

ramblings

The other day I saw a bumper sticker that said "I'm proud of my young marine". Why do you have to say that the marine is a young marine? I thought. But then I realized that a young marine and an old marine are two very different things. For instance, the old marine might have enlisted in a time when enlisting was a popular thing to do, maybe he was drafted, maybe it was peace time. Maybe not. But a young marine - well that's another story. He surely enlisted in a time of conflict and definately when it was not the most popular thing to do. In that same way I am proud that I am 32 and I have 4 kids. I'm happy that women can make all kinds of choices. I'm the kind of girl that likes ALL the chocolates in the chocolate box, so I'm happy that there are all kinds of ways to be a woman today. Still, I'm happy with my choice. I'm proud to be a young mom.

No comments: