Sunday, December 14, 2008

Little Miss Talkalot

One thing that I love about my Ava is that she is afraid of neither strangers nor engaging these total strangers in conversation. It is, for the most part, charming. But I am sensitive to the fact that most people have prior plans that do not include a long, deep, probing interview with a four year old - so when I need to I keep her socializing short and sweet. Such was the case this saturday at Joshi's Y-ball game. The lovely woman sitting next to us began chatting with Ava but then wanted to watch her son play the game. I oh-so-suavely handed Ava my camera to keep her busy and told her to take pictures of Josh. I didn't hear a peep out of her as I took care of Sophie. I have so many good mommy tricks - i thought to myself. Then I looked up into the horrified face of the woman sitting next to us. "I don't have any make-up on" she said. Ava had taken 29 pictures of the woman sitting next to her.





2 comments:

Book Look Column Author said...

That is awesome! When we went to Yellowstone this year Mike and Tyf gave Hurricane Haydon an old digital and he took really good pictures - about 400 of them. Kept him busy in the car since he took lots of the animals as we drove along.

Book Look Column Author said...

Also, the gauntlet has been thrown down. We have seen Alyssa's tree (1st up of course), my tree which looks better now, and Christy's tree. You are next, Sarah, Rachel, and any other bloggers - Jake?